Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Coal Blower
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever heard of someone doing one? Was looking at one the other day. The 5.4 in there is waaay the hell under the dash. There is a butt load of room in there.

On the plus side... smaller lighter truck. better performance and mileage. They're cheap to buy as well.

On the negs... small diff's small brakes (vacuum as well) 5.5 box really doesn't cut it. The IFS might not last with the heavy iron in the front.

·
1,097 Posts
If you go diesel you'll have to go with hydroboost brakes.

Why not use a Cummins 4BT3.9?

It's two thirds of a 12-valve. It can make an honest 225 HP all day long. 300 HP for short bursts. It's lighter than a six and shorter to boot.

I recommend you also go with a stick if you can handle all the hassle of an engine swap. Diesels eat automatics.

·
Coal Blower
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm bored and have a 05 cummins CR waiting for something to do with. I'm not so sure the auto behind it would die so quick. F150 CCSB is 5500lbs vs a 3/4 / 1ton which are over 8000lbs. The hydroboost swap would be a cake walk. I'm not sure how compounds would fit in there with A/C.

just finsihing up my f350 CR swap and i can't wait to start another.

god, my wife is going to kill me.

·
Registered
83 Posts
If it was me i would look at a 96 back truck or maybe bronco it will be a easier swap.Or go real nuts put it in a camaro or 80s monte carlo.

·
Coal Blower
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it was me i would look at a 96 back truck or maybe bronco it will be a easier swap.Or go real nuts put it in a camaro or 80s monte carlo.
I don't do easy swaps, just easy women. No cars either. I've owned a few big block camaros, olds and t/a's. A diesel penis rocket (camaro or G body) wouldn't do it for me.

Trucks and boats are all i play with now. I'm going to go to a auto wrecker with a tape and take a look at a F150 with the engine out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts