Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Early bird gets the worm
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to put a 6" lift kit from an f350 on my f250 without doing a D60 swap? TIA

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
I would say no just for the fact that the TTB might be the problem.

plus its just not very smart to do a lift on a TTB thats on an f-250

·
Early bird gets the worm
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it just that the length of the springs from end to end are different? I'm just trying to figure out what is different between the f250 and f350 springs.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
you will need a drop bracket for the TTB, and the f-250 springs are more rigid/stronger because of the type of flex/bind that the TTB puts on them.

·
Early bird gets the worm
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you will need a drop bracket for the TTB, and the f-250 springs are more rigid/stronger because of the type of flex/bind that the TTB puts on them.
Thanks for the reply. I had figured on the drop bracket for sure. I didnt know that the 250 springs were more rigid. So theoretically they will bolt up with the drop brackets? thanks.

·
Let'er Buck!
1,685 Posts
You can put a F250 lift on a F350. Just need to buy a trackbar drop bracket for the 1 ton. Everything else bolted up. I did it about 6 years ago. So I'm guessing that the vice versa senerio would be you need to buy the TTB drop pivot brackets for the F250 and roll on.

But as others said, I'd seriously wait till you do the D60 swap and do it right the first time.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Lift springs for a F250 are the Same part # as for F350:eek:

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Its the same part # because 99% of the lift manufactors don't care about ride quality...just make them higherLOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts