Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not drive like this guy nor do I advocate doing so, but there are usable nuggets in the article.

http://www.motherjones.com/news/feature/2007/01/king_of_the_hypermilers.html

Driving way slow for MPG gives the whole idea a bad name. I drive the limit plus or minus 2 MPH. I don’t tailgate semis, I do try (within reason) to coast as much as possible and brake as little as possible. No way I turn off the engine. I like having brakes and steering. I sue my AC as needed. I do try to time lights. Not easy in Indiana where there are no traffic engineering standards that I can deduce. I do use my EGT to prevent jackrabbit starts.

Read the piece. There are some good ideas in it.

Just don't get as crazed as this guy.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Hell I can't wait to get a tune other than the 100 hp one I have now. Not real good for economy. :ford:

·
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some bits of what this guys does are usable. I've been called "Sir Coastalot" because when I know I can't make a light, I put her in neutral and coast. I try to time lights. I try to avoid the brake if possible. I use the 600 degree goal on the EGT - that eliminates jackrabbit starts.

My blood pressure will not take the stress of tailgating semis ten feet back and driving as slow as this guy would get me shot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts