Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Flossin'
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lookin to find some pics of them. Long story, can't seem to find much on google, hoping theres a long shot that someone has one somewhere out here in PSN land................

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Unless someone converted one to 4x4, you won't find a stock one. There were no 4x4 OBS duallies from the factory (not counting Cab & Chassis versions). Cheers!

·
<<< just like that......
810 Posts
Excuse the ignorance but by extra cab do you mean extended cab or a full crewcab? Down south, extra cab means extended. Either way, like previously stated, they were only conversions with the exception of a cab and chassis version of the obs.

·
Flossin'
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excuse the ignorance but by extra cab do you mean extended cab or a full crewcab? Down south, extra cab means extended. Either way, like previously stated, they were only conversions with the exception of a cab and chassis version of the obs.
I'm aware that they aren't factory, but II was hoping someone had done one. I've found a few now, but not much in the way of what I was lookin for.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,334 Posts
My brother is in the process of making one out of a 93 F250 7.3 IDI w Hypermax turbo and 5speed. We just put the dually rear axle under it yesterday. Going to put the dually bed on today. Hope to have the D60 in next weekend

·
Flossin'
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My brother is in the process of making one out of a 93 F250 7.3 IDI w Hypermax turbo and 5speed. We just put the dually rear axle under it yesterday. Going to put the dually bed on today. Hope to have the D60 in next weekend
ExCab? Get some pics if ya can when you get finished.

Your know body work right? Why couldn't ya just slap a set of dually fenders on the regular bed? and then have em matched pre/post install. Talking for me of course, instead of having a whole new bed put on and painted?

Reason I ask is I might be able to get the axles outta a 85ish 6.9L 4x4 Dually (D60 front, I think Kingpin), and being an excab, would be kinda unique

·
OBS junkie
8,249 Posts
The truck would have to be a 86+ since that was the first year for the Dana 60s since 79 & yes it will be a king pin. If it's a cab & chassis, the front axle will line up fine, but the rear axle will not. The frame on a cab & chassis is narrower then a pickup dually. You will need an axle off of a dually pickup.
Yes you can just by the fenders & do body work, but for about the price of all & the work you have to question if it's really worth it. Aside from that, getting the color lined up to match 100% will be hard on 13-17yr old paint.

·
Flossin'
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmm. Truck in question has a utility box on it, but I dunno if it was converted from a regular pickup, or came as a cab and chassis.....

My other option for said truck was to take the utility box off and put a flat bed on it and beat the living #### out of it, so I don't with my truck, may lean that way anyways.

Twas just a thought.

·
OBS junkie
8,249 Posts
Take a tape & mesure the rear spring perches on it, then go & mesure your rear spring perches. If it's the same then it was a pickup, if it's narrower then it's a factory cab & chassis. Being a 4x4 utility bed I would assume that it was a C&C from the factory. I have a cab & chassis rear in my 93, spring perches were rewelded, but it sets the ends too close to the springs for duals. Works fine for a SRW with & has 3.5" brakes. Traded a buddy a 10.25 with 3.55s in it for it since I wanted 4.10s & a L/S so I wasn't out anything.

·
Flossin'
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah I'll get measurements off it next time I'm out there.

·
strokefreak
353 Posts
check out my pics. i can post better views if needed.

·
Flossin'
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks pretty cool. Those 19.5's? What size tires?

·
strokefreak
353 Posts
naw those are Alcoa forged aluminum,16x6 all around. nuthin fancy. tires are 265/75/16's. i just put the hankook atm's on couple days ago cuz they are not as loud.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,334 Posts
ExCab? Get some pics if ya can when you get finished.

Your know body work right? Why couldn't ya just slap a set of dually fenders on the regular bed? and then have em matched pre/post install. Talking for me of course, instead of having a whole new bed put on and painted?

Reason I ask is I might be able to get the axles outta a 85ish 6.9L 4x4 Dually (D60 front, I think Kingpin), and being an excab, would be kinda unique
Dually fenders dont just bolt on to a bed. A dually bed is a completely different animal than a SRW bed. And you need a dually pick up axle(wider than a SRW and wider than a Cab-n-chassis axle)

The truck need a bed when he bought it(all rotted) And he only paid 1000 for the truck to begin with.

so 1000 for the truck
600 for the dually 4:10 LS rear axle
500 for a rust free dually bed w gate
1000 for a D60 w dually hubs, springs, t-bar and steering linkage
1000 for fuel tanks, sending units,brake lines,,,,yada yada yada
1000 in material to paint the truck(needs fenders and rad support
My labor is free:doh:

·
Flossin'
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
In that case, #### it. I'll use it for a crummy

·
STILL LEARNING
18,334 Posts
Here are the pics of my brothers dually pickup he is making.
It has a Factory dually pick up rear axle, 00 F450 rear springs(F250 blocks), and a factory dually bed. He is waiting on me to part out my cab and chassis for the dually wheels and my front dually adapters for his soon to come D60.
Still has the TTB D50 w a add-a-leaf
DSC00270.JPG

DSC00267.JPG

DSC00268.JPG

DSC00266.JPG

·
strokefreak
353 Posts
sweet!!! gonna look awesome!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Here are the pics of my brothers dually pickup he is making.
It has a Factory dually pick up rear axle, 00 F450 rear springs(F250 blocks), and a factory dually bed. He is waiting on me to part out my cab and chassis for the dually wheels and my front dually adapters for his soon to come D60.
Still has the TTB D50 w a add-a-leaf
View attachment 12281

View attachment 12283

View attachment 12282

View attachment 12284
I've got a spare set of daully hubs if you need them Brad:ford:

·
Registered
81 Posts
my dad bout his 97 f-250 brand new as a sinlge wheel an converted it i will post some piks of it when i get home later

1 - 20 of 23 Posts