Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently put on a RSK w/ SD leafs. My front sway bar has only about 1inch clearance between the bottom of the leaf and the top of the sway bar. I am afraid upon the leafs flexing, that it is going to make contact with the sway bar. My links are 10 inches long. What are my options?

Cutting the 1/2 inch soild rod out and welding a longer piece in?

Cutting the link in half, threading each side and putting the long all-thread hex nut type connecting piece in?

Thanks for all help!

·
(520)465-7971
909 Posts
I would cut them and sleeve a tube over the outside. Cut the outter sleeve on an angle, this will allow you to get more weld area on it. If you decide you dont wanna screw with it, I can make you some custom ones for $115 per pair including shipping. I have a variety of sizes instock. Shoot me a call or pm if I can help more!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks NotStock. I had thought about sleeving them also, but forgot to include that idea as well. I may take you up on that. Thanks again!

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
W a RSK You can either go with Skyjacker End links #SBE-304 63

OR Factory Ford ones but for the REAR of the same truck.
I prefer the Ford ones myself

·
ate lug
172 Posts
That p/n# turns up on Summit Racings website as for the rear of the truck with 2-4" lift. Thats the correct one?
Any difference in length between these & the stock rear Ford ones? I bent one of my Skyjackers so i need one, but theres no need for me to buy a pair unless i have to.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I cut my link in half then slid some DOM over it and welded the ends. They are thick and look substantial.
Works great

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
That p/n# turns up on Summit Racings website as for the rear of the truck with 2-4" lift. Thats the correct one?
Any difference in length between these & the stock rear Ford ones? I bent one of my Skyjackers so i need one, but theres no need for me to buy a pair unless i have to.
Sorry. I forgot that is Summits part number for the skyjacker ones
Yes they are 13.5" long and the factory Ford REAR ones are 12" long

I have a set of each on each one of my trucks. When the skyjacker ones are shot, they will be getting replaced w the ford ones. the skyjackers ones have the swaybar pushed down to far for my liking

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
As a nuther option you could get nut extenders with same thread screw on link end then run a bolt on the bottom end thats what the PO did on mine...seems to work...good idea with the stock rears though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts