Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
<--before leveler & block
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, i can only find one thread on something just like i have but it is old and doesn't have much help and if you know of any that will help my situation then just send me the link.

It started when it sat for a few days when i was out of town and i came back on sunday and started it like always and noticed it was a long crank all of a sudden. No white smoke just a teeny tiny poof of black smoke that i haven't noticed it do before but it might have i just haven't noticed until now. Whether its hot or dead cold or whatever the crank is extended by about 1 maybe 2 seconds longer than before. It doesn't matter how long it sits, 1 day or 5 minutes its starts the exact same way just longer cranking than normal. Seems to turn over just as fast as before also :shrug::shrug:

Thank you in advance!

·
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
Registered
842 Posts
did u check batteries? may have one going south

·
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No i didn't but it seems to turn over the same speed as before. The weirdest thing to me is how it started doing it all of a sudden rather than gradualy getting worse. Maybe that is a symptom of a bad battery :shrug:

·
Registered
842 Posts
possible most likely if it sat one just deicded to give it up and say screw the cold...

·
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could be i guess its still pretty cold here. It just seems if the battery is junk then it would turn over slower. I will test them asap. Could it be a starter?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Injector cups..ipr...could be numerous things. I need to do injector cups on mine, I have the exact same symptoms as you. Do you have access to AE? Without values at startup were just pissin in the wind kinda...

·
Banned
924 Posts
glow plugs or glow plug relay? but the black smoke would lead me to think the injector cups

·
Registered
842 Posts
excessive black smoke would lead me to cups but it's just a puff of black smoke mine always does on cold mornings.

·
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah i just get a tiny little poof that lasts for about a half a second. I do have a scan gauge though. What values need to be wathced? icp pressure and what else?

·
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well never mind. I think it was just air in the fuel system. Everything is ok now

1 - 11 of 11 Posts