Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
PSN Been daer dun it!
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys..maybe Eric can chime in also..I have been running the Extreem Race/Delay lock...and love the way it shifts. Still in the learning process, so taking it easy. Only thing i noticed even at 1/4 throttle was that it shifts at higher RPM's..near 3800 when I pass on the highway. Is it ok to run this shift tune with The race? I thought I remember Eric saying its to help with the bang shifting of the firm lock tune. :ford:

·
401 Posts
Eric suggested to me to not run the delayed lock with the X-Street or X-Race, only run the firmer with stock lock or race lock. Reason is the delayed shifts easier.
I run the delayed lock with the X-Mild and like it but the mileage goes down some.
For mileage I run the X-Street and firmer with stock lock.

·
PSN Been daer dun it!
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eric..Is it ok to run the delay lock with the race tune? I believe I had the correct tire size and gear ratio installed on the tuner.

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
Cajun, i dont think it is, the reason being, is there would be no point in the firmer stock lock or race lock transmission settings if the softer shifting settings like delay lock and all could hold up

·
PSN Been daer dun it!
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe you are correct. I have since put the race lock with my ex race tune...no issyes yet...but I havent done a WOT yet...taking it easy. Fuel milage seems to be doing great..hope I dont see a reduced power for a long time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts