Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
DILLIGAFF
5,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i finally called the turner county courthouse in GA to set a court date for the speeding ticket I got last month. The fine wasnt on the ticket itself but when i called they gave me an option to pay a fine, so nice of them... The fine is $1094 ticket was a 92 in a 55.

Whats the most expensive speeding ticket youve heard of, no other offenses?

Needless to say i have a court date. :D hopefully theyll have mercy on my poor/clean record soul.

·
OBS Addict
1,350 Posts
kid i went to tech with had his car impounded and crushed, 60 days in jail, and $2500 fine for speeding. 125mph in a 50mph, straight stretch from the top of happy jack down to the bottom just out of laramie, wyo

·
Registered
130 Posts
kid i went to tech with had his car impounded and crushed, 60 days in jail, and $2500 fine for speeding. 125mph in a 50mph, straight stretch from the top of happy jack down to the bottom just out of laramie, wyo
man i knew the cops didnt like techers but that seems a little extreme haha
how long ago did you go to tech?

·
Registered
324 Posts
How could they legally crush his car? That seems kinda extreme for tickets.

·
OBS Addict
1,350 Posts
im sure there was more to it than what we heard that led to it being crushed, but what i posted is all i know.
i do remember reading somewhere a couple year ago (i believe it was in cali) that they were crushing rice rockets that they impounded for street racing, i dont see why wyoming couldnt pull the same stunt

Graduated tech March 06, Diesel & ASM, 2 year associates degree :p

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
im from oklahoma and my dad went out to los angeles for a trade show and he heard on the news while he was out here that they had crushed several cars for it violating so many emmisions

·
Registered
845 Posts
I have a friend who's son just got 35 over out on highway 27, posted limit is 65. Not sure what the fine is. I'd guess about $300

·
Registered
321 Posts
I was visiting my buddies in S.C. and when i left i was in the middle of nowhere and got a ticket doin 72 in a 45 in an construction zone and it cost me 600 some dollars.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
at what point is this cruel and unusual punishment???

·
OBS Addict
1,350 Posts
not sure, but i bet that if it had been a UW student they would have either turned a blind eye with a warning or just a ticket. im sure alot of other techers would agree with me there

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
I'm so glad my last ticket was July almost two years ago.

F tickets.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Sounds like with the new law you either stay below the "super speeder" threshold, or if above it, simply deny any requests to pull over by making that annoying little flashing light in your rearview get smaller and smaller until it disappears.

Or did these geniuses not realize that their new revenue channel upgrade just produced that much more incentive to evade?

:smirk:

·
The Original
7,509 Posts
Let me guess, it was a construction zone?
Just FYI they have to PROVE there were workers on site when you went through to double the fine.

Say you went through on a holiday and no guys were out working. Then its just the regular fine

1 - 20 of 57 Posts