Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a silverline 5in single and want duel... do i need a hole exaust? or is there a kit> or do i gotta fab somethin up lol? i guess makin my own would be the cheapest

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
You need everything from the splitter to the tips basically.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Just helped a friend a while back after he installed his Silverline dual exh...trying to get that thing lined up even was a pain. Needed to do some moding .

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Just helped a friend a while back after he installed his Silverline dual exh...trying to get that thing lined up even was a pain. Needed to do some moding .
What kind of modding? I put SD duals on my OBS and they were basically bolt on.

·
Registered
319 Posts
mine were pretty easy...the splitter is the muffler. so i assum if you called silverline or like mbrp or something they could sell you the muffler (or delete pipe)?? its really not to tough

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
i assume your running larger then stock tires ..if so not an issue but your spare will be history.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
What kind of modding? I put SD duals on my OBS and they were basically bolt on.
I had to cut and also bend one pipe . Its still a little lower on one side but way better than what it was . I like the way Diamond mounted on my 450. Hangers arent welded to pipe,you can get it to how you want it to sit.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
I had to cut and also bend one pipe . Its still a little lower on one side but way better than what it was . I like the way Diamond mounted on my 450. Hangers arent welded to pipe,you can get it to how you want it to sit.

How did you bend a 5" pipe?

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
I did the same thing but it was only to dent in a up pipe a bit to clear the corner of the head. Think my up pipe flange was a bit boogered striaght from Diamond. It was not on stiraght or smooth but a bit canted. REally screwed up the install but by the time you realize it might be a good idea to just send it back you have already modded it to the point you cannot. I am ending up having to use a small piece of flex to get the line going rearward I need or would have to pull the uppipe cut it, rotate and reweld. A 2' piece of flex is the easy answer. Still pisses me off a bit.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Meant down-pipe not up-pipe.:doh:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts