Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i put on my 3" downpipe last week and the exhaust was setup for a stock downpipe but i planned to just hook the new downpipe up but it didn't exactly work out right, so i pulled the old exhaust and am running just a downpipe at the moment (sounds awesome). I am looking into options for the new exhaust, I am thinkin 4 inch straight single exit behind the tire. my exhaust guy said he doesn't have the equipment to bend 4" pipe so i'd have to get an exhaust kit and he'd help me hang it and all. well all the kits i have found are turbo-back and/or include a muffler and are pretty pricey. I am thinkin i'll go this route:

JEGS 30613 JEGS Exhaust Tubing
Magnaflow 15457

that way i can just get my guy to put it all together for me and it'll still be done for under 200. What do yall think? any suggestions on where to buy from? Thanks

·
Registered
448 Posts
Ebay some exhaust tubing and bends and clamps. Or call a shop and have them send you a kit with a muffler delete if you really dont want the muffler but that muffler will support up to 400rwhp

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Well i put on my 3" downpipe last week and the exhaust was setup for a stock downpipe but i planned to just hook the new downpipe up but it didn't exactly work out right, so i pulled the old exhaust and am running just a downpipe at the moment (sounds awesome). I am looking into options for the new exhaust, I am thinkin 4 inch straight single exit behind the tire. my exhaust guy said he doesn't have the equipment to bend 4" pipe so i'd have to get an exhaust kit and he'd help me hang it and all. well all the kits i have found are turbo-back and/or include a muffler and are pretty pricey. I am thinkin i'll go this route:

JEGS 30613 JEGS Exhaust Tubing
Magnaflow 15457

that way i can just get my guy to put it all together for me and it'll still be done for under 200. What do yall think? any suggestions on where to buy from? Thanks
Honestly thats probably your best bet. You could probably even do it cheaper if you went to another exhaust shop and got them to bend up that back section for you.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the original plan was to get an exhaust shop to do it, but there seems to be a lack of exhaust shops around here these days, they seemed to have all closed down :doh: and the main reason i don't want a muffler isn't dealing with HP, i just love the way it sounds with no muffler, lol

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Ya I'd say if you can't find another exhaust shop or someone who has a pipe bender, then do what you were thinking in your first post.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts