Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm getting ready to order a full exhaust for my truck and i was looking at tips and was wondering what the diff. was between a dual wall tip and rolled edge? do any of u guys have either on and could post pics of them on ur trucks so i could get an idea what they look like other then a dang stock photo.

ryan

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
Its mostly just a preference thing, I like rolled edge personally. The single wall tips look to have too much of a miter cut on them for my likings.

·
02 CCSB
118 Posts
Learn from my mistake and find out what material you're buying. I have a 4" turbo back MBRP that is just under a year old, has been through one winter and has surface rust. It is the 409 stainless, come to find out stainless CAN rust, if you can swing it buy the 304 stainless. As far as the tip I have a 5" rolled edge and like the looks of it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i just order my diamond eye straight exhaust but went a totally different route with the tip. i got a 4" to 5" turndown tip. will post pics up as soon as it somes in and gets installed....prolly next weekend

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
7" tip and 22" long... 45 degree cut wit rolled edge...

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
turn down tip? WTF thats a dodge thing! :poke:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
got a good deal on one from a buddy of mine... is the only reason goin to run it for a while then order a 7" rolled edge like white7.3 has

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Learn from my mistake and find out what material you're buying. I have a 4" turbo back MBRP that is just under a year old, has been through one winter and has surface rust. It is the 409 stainless, come to find out stainless CAN rust, if you can swing it buy the 304 stainless. As far as the tip I have a 5" rolled edge and like the looks of it.
yup 409 will def build surface rust but not rust through.. 304 will stay shiny... the person you bought it from should have told you this.... at least it wont rust through

·
Registered
66 Posts
6" MBRP Double wall

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
XtremeDiesel.com $75 i think

Here