Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needing some help, and possibly pictures, to help me decide how to place an exhaust tip on this exhaust so that it looks decent. I hate the angle the exhaust exits. It looks like the stock exhaust on an LMM Duramax. I am trying to decide if I should just cut it back some and do a 12" long tip on the same angle, or if I should cut it way back and try and get a different angle with an 18" long tip. I was thinking if I cut it back, I could do the longer tip and have it angled down somewhat and exiting just passed the rear tire.

Thanks for any input, and like I said...pics of your exhaust setups are appreciated. I would prefer people post up that had a similar angle to deal with!

Thanks!

·
Registered
683 Posts
I have MBRP 18in tip.

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
Mine is identical to BigBlue's... Jeff, that looks like shart LOL

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine is identical to BigBlue's... Jeff, that looks like shart LOL
I know man. Looks terrible. I have been driving around like this for over 2 months now. What a joke!

Hopefully the guy who owns this truck doesn't mind me posting this. I was thinking something similar to this as far as the angle goes, but just the one side since I don't have or plan on doing duals.

·
Registered
157 Posts
mine looks kinda like big blue diesels but is tucked up slightly higher and is a bit farther in and is only a 12" black tip. Ill take a pic tomorrow.

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
Yeah i just posted in the other thread with ChasinTail's truck i like how close the exhaust is tucked. Thats the only problem with mine is it doesnt seem tucked enough to me.. Definately get the 18" tip though especially with your exhaust angle

·
Registered
683 Posts
That black truck looks sweet! Was thinking on raising mine a bit..

·
Registered
479 Posts
Yeah that black truck is sick. You should do it like that, it looks super clean

·
Registered
323 Posts
I know they are pricey jeff but an rbp black tip would go good with your wheels.

·
Registered
323 Posts
nice, how long?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Nice, I have an 18" long one, i think the angle and length is perfect for the size of our trucks

·
Registered
323 Posts
Wow.... that sounds so wrong

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'd have to say I like the look of the black truck in the 4th post. Just a single exit though, not the duals... I like the look of the stubby tip for some reason.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Those wheels won't be on my truck much longer. They are sold actually. Putting factory 20" wheels on my truck. I am going with a T304 stainless tip from MBRP.
Jeff,

Please post pics when you finish. I have the exact same exhaust and I too am considering what to go with for a tip.
I am curious to see what you do with the angle.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts