Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 F350 with the emissions system. I'm not 100% positive what the exhaust tips are made of but they aren't chrome. They tend to absorb some of the color from the dirt and debris that gets on them. Short of using acid, cleaning them seems impossible. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips on getting these things good and clean again?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Clean it with soap and water. Then use Speedy metal polish. This product is safe on chrome, stainless, aluminum and silver.

·
Administrator
8,278 Posts
Try a little 000 or 0000 steel wool. Then dip it in soapy water and scrub. Works really good on glass also.

You may want to try it on the bottom to see if it works or not.

·
Registered
9 Posts
0000 is safer!

Are your tips bare metal? If they are coated it will deminish the coating and can potentially make it look worse! If you post a pic I can tell you if your questioning it!

Also, 0000 is good on rims. Not so much on bare aluminum and don't want to use pressure as it will leave scratches if you push to hard! However, you can polish them even if they are painted!

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Yeah, we have painted aluminum wheels on the jetta, scratched the hell out of them with 0000 steel wool. Was using dish soap.
But it works awesome on chrome and glass.

Never dull works too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Because I can!!!
1,635 Posts
Boat hull cleaner. That $hit will Polish your exhaust tips and aluminum wheels like you won't believe with just a rag.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts