Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Im new to the site, just purchased a 2001 F350 Lariat. At the moment it will take me a little while to afford the aftermarket mods, but im planning on doing a chip, exhaust, mybe injectors and intake. But i can only afford one at a time, so its probably wise to get the exhaust befor the chip incase of egts if im correct? So what size exhaust should i run? If i run 5 inch exhaust it will be a little while befor i could afford the other mods, so would i lose power with such a big exhaust and not enough power to fill it? Will there be enough back pressure?

Look forward to the feed back!!

·
brandon
778 Posts
4'' is plenty big enough. five is for show and a deeper sound.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great thanks, Also what exhaust systems the best bang for the buck? easy install cheap price, what do you guys suggest using?

·
Registered
209 Posts
farm boy diesel has cheap exhaust

·
it's an 02 05 08
930 Posts
I would go with exhaust then gauges,I went with straight pipe 5in diamond eye off ebay for 340.00 shipped to my door and it sounds like mbrp IMO

·
Twitch
1,383 Posts
4 inch is plenty...5 inch is if you have a lot of mods and pushin alot of power. check on beansdieselperformance.com...they have a 4 inch aluminzied exhaust for like 270...be shure to get the muffler delete pipe if you want it straight piped..its like another 30. Im fixin to get one myself. Exhaust and gauges is what I would get first.

·
brandon
778 Posts
my magnaflow came off ebay for around $200. It was easy to install and sounds good.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
One thing is for certain "GET THE GUAGES BEFORE THE CHIP & INJ" And you'll want to upgrade the intake. If you want it quiet go with the ford ais from dlr and the fender sleeve from Diesel Power, if you want to hear it go with a diy tymar. Just my $.02

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Performance Truck Parts has a good deal on SS exhaust systems. All you need a 4" exhaust. Anything over that is overkill.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts