Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in a bind of getting stacks for my truck cuz they jus look so freakin awesome or jus getting a DPF back system. my cons w/ getting stacks are, do they take up bed space, if water goes down the pipe will it drain out, can I still have a decent quit ride if i wanted too? those are sum ? i have Please let me know if anybody that has stacks what the pros/cons are thanks guys

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
You can drill a small hole or a few small holes in the bottom of the bottom of the pipe where the elbow is. I just dealt with it on my truck. Quiet ride.....not so much. I had a single and the in cab noise is pretty loud. I wasn't worried about bed space. I rarely put stuff in the bed of my truck.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
A diesel aint a diesel with out a stack IMO

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
blowinsmoke7.3 how is your cab noise with the stack, and do you get any more PWR with getting a stack as compared to jus a dpf and back exhaust

·
F250 Black Cloud Edition
690 Posts
Put a single 6 inch stack first, then i built a 8 inch stack. Just this past weekend, took it off and put in another new 4 inch turbo back to get rid of the stack. Worst mod i ever did to my truck. The noise sucks. Cool at first, but gets old.

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
I have 6 inch mitres with the rain caps so water in the pipes is no worries. It is very quiet in the cab until u open the slider. the bed space really did not matter to me but it takes up about 8 inches of space. I love them more then my tailpipe cause of the look of dual streams of smoke funneling down to one behind the truck and smokin out the highway.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I think side exhaust looks the best and you dont have the in cab drone. I think stacks are ugly but to each their own

·
<---- sold
232 Posts
I am in a bind of getting stacks for my truck cuz they jus look so freakin awesome or jus getting a DPF back system. my cons w/ getting stacks are, do they take up bed space, if water goes down the pipe will it drain out, can I still have a decent quit ride if i wanted too? those are sum ? i have Please let me know if anybody that has stacks what the pros/cons are thanks guys
Do you have a dpf delete tuner? If not I wouldnt waste your time.

·
Madd Dogg Diesel
745 Posts
stacks all the way, little cab noise but thats what the volume knob on the raidio is for lol, cant beat the look and the 6.4 is not all that loud straight piped. imo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts