Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need new exhaust but don't have the $$ right now. i am a mechanic and was thinking of hacking it all and welding the good peaces together and dumping it out the side in front of the rear tire. i have been told the extra heat is no good on the tire sidewall and would cause a blow out. now i do haul and would prefer for that not to happen. anyone running anything like this? and has anyone had any blow outs because of it?

thanks in advance :bowfast:
Zach

·
Registered
310 Posts
My friend has a dodge that dumps in front of the right rear tire. The extends out as far as the tire if that makes sense. Wish I had a pic but I don't. I could see the heat logic if it was directly on the tire, but if you extend the tip to the outside of the tire I would imagine the heat wouldn't beat directly on the tire. He has had his that way for years with no problems. Maybe a turn down would work just as well if you don't have the length.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i ran my f150 that way for years also but never used the truck like i do this one. id rather not have a turn down. personally don't like the way the look, also im going to try and keep the tip even with the body of the truck for looks.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Plenty of people dump it in front of the rear tire. Never heard of this being an issue...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Mine dumps in front of the rear tire. I 45'd it back and it is about 8 inches in front of it even with the body. No problems and it looks good. With my MBRP tip.

·
Registered
433 Posts
mine also dumps in front of the rear tire. i ran out west on fam. vac. pulling our 35' camper with out any issues. go for it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Didn't have any close up pics handy so here's a video! lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts