Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
installed my 3" downpipe then i went to 4" with no cats or mufflers. and it stops at the back of my cab. and im thinking of elbowing it right in front of the back tire is this good or bad. or is that to short.just need opinions before something gets messed up if it is bad

Thanks guys

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
You will be just fine. Lots of guys have done it. I jsut cut up my Diamond Eye rear exit system to make it dump out just infront of the back tire today. the tailpipe was hitting the spare and the downpipe wouldn't sit right the way it was. Past the passenger compartment is legal for inspection so as long as they don't get too curious depending on what they look for where you live you should be fine and it should sound real good.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh it sounds real good. and woke it up quite a bit. does anyone think its necessary to get guages with the exhaust being that way

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Honestly just opening up the exhaust is not going to raise EGT's. You start raising temps with injectors and chips/tuners. You should have gauges at any rate to keep an eye on things like EGT's if you tow with the truck, trans temp gauge for the same reason, and a boost gauge is handy too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts