Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im planning on ordering my exhaust with in the next few days. I want to do 5 inch turbo back. My question is how much hammering on the firewall do you need to do to get a 5 inch down pipe in? And is it worth it or will a 4 inch be sufficient enough.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Good luck finding a 5" down pipe. Most all (I say most because someone may actually make a 5" DP.) 5" systems have a 4" down pipe.........

And yes, 4" is sufficient for anything you can do to your Powerstroke.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the guy at the performance shop said he can sell me a 5 inch mbrp down pipe...:)

A 4 inch down pipe fits fine then? or do you have to hammer the firewall still.

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
What year truck?

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
I didnt know you could get a 5" downpipe. But I have the "5 inch turbo back" exhuast, and like Cody said, it only comes with a 4" downpipe. But I dont think that it will make that much difference.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Would have to be making a BUNCH of hp to need a 5" I think a 4" will do for the average chipped truck. My Diamondeye 4" fit really well. Just my $.02.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
There is no point where you need a 5" down pipe. The factory turbo outlet is 3.25", anything bigger then 4" is just... worthless.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
It's like all of these Duramaxes running around here with 5" exhaust and the factory down pipe....why bother?

The outlet on the factory Duramax down pipe is only 2.875" and only about .002% of people put an aftermarket down pipe on one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts