Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Beef
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i discovered I have at least 2 injectors that are bad/going out. I hope to grab some stage 1 from BDP but I have the factory exhaust. Would I be better off w/ a 4" system or a 5" system?

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
Its nothing but personal preference. Honestly, I don't really think there is any difference other than sound. I like my 5" exhaust better, because seems that everyone has 4". I just wanted to be different. I would say go with 5", but its honestly up to you.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
4" is enough but like everyone said it's up to you how loud you want it.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I like my 4". it's a deep mellow tone and hardly any difference inside the cab. On long trips I'm glad I put the muffler on. No drone to get on my nerves. Performance wise there's not much if any difference.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
No performance gain between the 2.. but 5" sounds mean as hell.. Glad i went with the 5" system....

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
I like my 4". it's a deep mellow tone and hardly any difference inside the cab. On long trips I'm glad I put the muffler on. No drone to get on my nerves. Performance wise there's not much if any difference.
:whs:

Just put a 4" on my truck, with the muffler. Love the sound, way better than a straight piped 3.5"

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I'll tell you one thing. I learned from my gassers that that great sounding exhaust (flowmasters) on my fairlane was great around town but after the first road trip it was a pita. Drove me nuts after about 5 hrs at a constsnt rpm.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
:whs:

Most anything dealing with sound or the increase of it is that it may sound awesome and be cool going down the strip or when you light it up getting on the freeway but after 15-20 mins of steady cruising it becomes like Chinese water torture or death by a 1000 cuts.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I like the sound of my straight pipe 4". I would love to hear a 5" straight pipe. Might be doing a change down the road. My wife said my truck is to loud she cant hear if she talking to someone out side of the truck. 5" exhaust may be on my upgrade list... if I can only hear it.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Sure your wife is going to love you for that:doh:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts