Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
tatertot
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys my 6.0 is starting a exhaust leak now in the morning when i start it up with the heater going i get a strong exhaust smell in the cab with the heater off nothing and when going down the road nothing until i come to a stand still at a light I already felt around and don't feel a leak but smell it more on the driver side any ideas or stuff you guys came across would help thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Exhaust manifolds or turbo Inlet pipes. Look for black soot around where manifold meets the head and flex joint in both turbo inlet pipes. Inlet pipes would need to be replaced. Gaskets can be installed if leaking at manifold

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
sounds like your uppipes are leaking. check around the bellow on the top of the uppipe just to the right of the turbo on the drivers side. pretty common with these motors.

·
tatertot
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys i check it out later today

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Manifolds rarely ever leak for one. 2 there aren't gaskets from the factory.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Exhaust Manifolds do leak. Enough that there's even a tsb from ford to install gaskets to fix concern. Tsb 05-13-09. Most head stud/gasket packages include exhaust manifold gaskets including those from Mkm, pmm, rcd, ect...... Wouldn't do that if it wasn't a problem

·
harley master
496 Posts
Exhaust Manifolds do leak. Enough that there's even a tsb from ford to install gaskets to fix concern. Tsb 05-13-09. Most head stud/gasket packages include exhaust manifold gaskets including those from Mkm, pmm, rcd, ect...... Wouldn't do that if it wasn't a problem
^^^This. We use 'em on every stud job we do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts