Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
So I wanted to update this to possibly help others out..I finally had enough and decided to go in after the injector since the Rev-x didn't seem to work but it turns out that there is a combination of issues at work.
First, the passenger side oil rail was missing the two bolts next to the heat shield of the hvac and secondly the #7 injector was missing the 4mm nut on the tiny bolt at the top of the injector. The missing bolts on the oil rail explains the temperature issue I think. High pressure leak from thin oil.

Video:

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've uploaded a video and hope it works. This is at idle with no one touching the pedal. Just starts and stops on its own. I'm waiting on my CTS to arrive for codes. Just wondered if anyone has seen this. I can hear there is an injector down but I've never heard the popping noise.
Looking at purchasing a 6.7 with 400,000kms , cel on and code P0266 , plus thumping noise coming from the exhaust!
Front of the engine has no thumping noise , truck still starts great , idles and drives perfectly , any ideas of what the issue might be? I have attached a audio file f the noise& a link to the youtube video , thanks in advance.6.7 thumping noise out exhaust

·
Super Moderator
5,418 Posts
Looking at purchasing a 6.7 with 400,000kms , cel on and code P0266 , plus thumping noise coming from the exhaust!
Front of the engine has no thumping noise , truck still starts great , idles and drives perfectly , any ideas of what the issue might be? I have attached a audio file f the noise& a link to the youtube video , thanks in advance.6.7 thumping noise out exhaust
you have a valve train issue. Either from a failed rocker arm, flat cam/bad lifter.

please start a new thread in the 6.7 section this thread is over 5 years old and is based on a 6.0

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.