Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided I'm going to do 4" dual exhaust on my truck. I'm stuck between Silverline and MBRP. How do they sound in comparison and which is better quality? I'm planning on running it no muffler/no cat.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
the sound will be virtually the same, the only time you will hear a sound difference is the 4" vs. 5" and if you remove the cat and or muffler.

·
Beer Hauler
37 Posts
:whs:
sound wise, a 4" straight pipe virtually all same....I was torn between those two also, but went with the Diamond Eye turbo back no cat/muffler b/c it has a 4" DP, the others don't and it was less expensive than both for same material.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Yep what ever is cheapest lol 4" open duals sound nice on the stroke...

·
Big dumb redneck
4,200 Posts
The kit I got from Silverline came with a 4" downpipe.....

As others have said, just get whichever is cheapest because all you are going to be running is the pipe. No sense in paying more because one company has a higher price because of their muffler. I ran mine at first with the muffler for about 2 weeks. Pulled it off one day, and never looked back after I heard it!

·
Beer Hauler
37 Posts
The kit I got from Silverline came with a 4" downpipe.....
Yeah, I thought Silverline did come w/4" DP but when I was about to submit my CC info, I decided to call the place and double check, the guy who answered the phone said he looked at my order and stated the DP was 3-1/2:shrug:, maybe it was just the particular part # I had on the order, but I would hope that would have suggested a different one....oh well, turns out mine sounds just like the truck near me that I hear all the time, and was the reason I went duals:rockwoot:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts