Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck is striaght piped, but i want it louder. Is there anything else i can do that would help?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you mean go bigger?

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Im assuming you got 4" straight. You can go to 5". You can do stacks. You can shorten up the exhaust and dump it sooner. You can only go so loud but you can do other things to make a different tone.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
I bet a hood stack would be pretty loud!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Id pass on the hood stack unless you want soot all over your cab and windshield... go bigger with a 5" system and find you a good muffler or something to make it louder.. my 5" system is pretty decent straight piped..

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i might try goin to 5 inch

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
prob one of the best things i did to my truck.. no performance diff between 4" and 5", just looks and sounds better IMO...

·
Registered
448 Posts
you do have the DP right?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what do you mean by down pipe it looks just like stock but its straight piped no tip or anything

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
The stock one is flatter than a pancake. You will notice a world of difference once you get a round 3" dp in there. better sound too.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im kinda confused on what your sayin, you talkin bout a tip?

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Downpipe. The part that comes out of the turbo... The factory one is crap. He asked if you have replaced that.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh i gotcha now i have not checked that i will look at that tomorrow

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
That will help your sound and performance if you dont have an aftermarket downpipe and they are not too expensive. It is definitely the best thing to do to your exhaust. After that, if your still looking for louder, go to 5"

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks guys appreciate it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts