Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK OK, stupid question since my 2010 6.4 has no urea injection,what is the exhaust fluid coolant container for exactly and once a DOC/DPF delete is done,how often will this have to be filled?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have never seen said container, where is it located?

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
:whs: My 2010 has nothing like this.
The 2011 model year is the ones that have the Diesel Exhaust Fluid.

·
CEO & PRESIDENT, RHTFC
68 Posts
Try to ask in the 6.7L forums. Because 6.4L do not use that system.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I was reading in the owners manual and states it has a tank up againt the firewall.I don't see the tank back there either and I too thought it was only a 2011.

·
Bigfoot is an OBS
3,462 Posts
Well I was reading in the owners manual and states it has a tank up againt the firewall.I don't see the tank back there either and I too thought it was only a 2011.
Congratulations on reading the owner's manual. Ford should pay you $100 for not only reading it, but understanding it enough to find a misprint. LOL Like that's going to happen.

Probably the people writing the book were told that Ford was going to use the urea (DEF) in 2010, then the engine people changed their mind and forgot to tell the publications department.

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
Interesting, ill check mine to see if its in there too. What was your build date(on the sticker above the tire inflation sticker)

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
OK OK, stupid question since my 2010 6.4 has no urea injection,what is the exhaust fluid coolant container for exactly and once a DOC/DPF delete is done,how often will this have to be filled?
i think its just the coolant overflow bottle that its talking about.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts