Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2003 7.3L with a bully dog gt an mbrp cool duels and I am interested in doing an exhaust delete but I'm not exactly sure what it does, could someone please explain for me???:ford:

·
Metal - It kicks your ass
3,090 Posts
I've got a 2003 7.3L with a bully dog gt an mbrp cool duels and I am interested in doing an exhaust delete but I'm not exactly sure what it does, could someone please explain for me???:ford:
Don't just disconnect the exhaust piping... You'll have to disconnect the exhaust housing on the turbo also that way it frees up the exhaust coming out of the manifolds. It doesn't sound all that great but it adds like 17hp.

·
3,090 Posts
BTW... Would you be interested in selling your exhaust? I have PayPal and I really want some cool duels.

PM me for pricing.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Good Gawd... All the kids on the youtube learning how to be cool...

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
Its all about the kids these days out on the street with their buddies, they get there asses handed to them by a big truck. So they go out n buy one thinking they can be just like us. Kinda the apitimy of you cant beat them, join them mentality.

Dan:psnb:

·
Paul
160 Posts
Are you talking muffler delet? If so, it does nothing but make your truck louder. You already have the MBRP exhaust system, I'm guessing 4 inch so you are done with that. I would get some gauges and an intake. The gauges so you don't melt the engine down and the intake so it can breath. I would also sell that BullyDog to someone you don't care much for and get a chip with custom tunes. Then keep lurking and searching and learning.

·
Paul
160 Posts
When I say get an intake, I don't mean K&N. They use only 2 layers of filter media (may be fine for a gasser). A good washable filter for diesel applications will use 5-7 layers. Many turbos have been damaged by the use of K&N filters.

·
3,090 Posts
When I say get an intake, I don't mean K&N. They use only 2 layers of filter media (may be fine for a gasser). A good washable filter for diesel applications will use 5-7 layers. Many turbos have been damaged by the use of K&N filters.
cone filters or stock replacemet?

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Stock replacement for sure due to broken airboxes.. Cones if they are not maintained.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts