Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Exhaust: Center Over Axle

8K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  3YLSYKR 
#1 ·
Anyone run their exhaust to the center and dump it over the rear axle? If so please post up a picture, I am thinking about doing this but I wanna know if anyone has had any issues/problems with this as far as with law enforcement or smoking out the cabs of the truck or anything. I wonder how it sounds hitting the ground like that.

Yes or no?
Keep exhaust out passenger side corner behind rear wheel or center over axle dump?

#2 ·
I want to know how to do this also, but some of the negatives Ive heard of from this are that the bottom of the truck are filthy with diesel soot.

Chad

#4 ·
Yeah that's exactly what I'm talking about. Looks pretty good to me. How's the sound when driving or going under over passes or close to walls ect...? better than stock position out passenger corner? Your underside get dirty much?

#5 ·
i wish that was my truck but i cant take credit for it.it was in the photo album of the beans dyno day.i think it looks good and would think it would sound different bouncing off the road and stuff.if the tip is mounted the same height or lower than the bumper i dont think that the smoke/soot would collect under the truck.i say try it

#8 ·
Anyone run their exhaust to the center and dump it over the rear axle? If so please post up a picture, I am thinking about doing this but I wanna know if anyone has had any issues/problems with this as far as with law enforcement or smoking out the cabs of the truck or anything. I wonder how it sounds hitting the ground like that.
I have a stinger made from a 4" MBRP system. No smoke in the cab. The only prob I can think of is emissions.. in AZ I gotta be careful where I go cuz most of the techs wont crawl under there to hook up the sniffer.

Some of the negatives Ive heard of from this are that the bottom of the truck are filthy with diesel soot.
My truck doesnt smoke an awesome amount, but Ive never had a problem like that at all...

How's the sound when driving or going under over passes or close to walls ect...?
Ive got cat and muffler delete and the volume is pretty average, but at wot its pretty loud because it points at the ground. When I still had a muffler on it it was pretty quiet..

#9 ·
I think Maybe I'll try it soon. I wanna do a muffler delete on mine first and see how it sounds in stock location then go from there. Maybe I can have two muffler location back pipes to change out when needed to be inspected and emissions.

#10 ·
so what's the easiest way of doing this? any ideas? my only worry is filthifying the underside of my truck and also having to keep cleaning my air horns......

Chad

#12 ·
so what's the easiest way of doing this? any ideas? my only worry is filthifying the underside of my truck and also having to keep cleaning my air horns
Mine is just a standard MBRP side exit, chopped and pointed down. Are your air horns in the back of your truck?

I would think the bumper, license plate and tailgate may get a little sooty.
With the tuning Im running now, it cleans out real good. I never had a problem before with soot on anything. Then again, my truck never smoked like a freight train either.

#16 ·
I'll post pics after I get it done.

Cool NorCal997.3, post some up when you can, I'd like to see.

#18 ·
Looks good, that's what I wanna do with my exhaust.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.