Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like next week. We are going to be putting a 6.0 bd brake and controller on the truck. Some custom wiring and it should be good to go..

I'll let you guys know what happens. Apparently you cannot run a brake with the dpf on, so the aftermarket has given up on developing these for the 6.4. Thats what pacbrake, and bd told me.

·
Laces Out
12,314 Posts
Looks like next week. We are going to be putting a 6.0 bd brake and controller on the truck. Some custom wiring and it should be good to go..

I'll let you guys know what happens. Apparently you cannot run a brake with the dpf on, so the aftermarket has given up on developing these for the 6.4. Thats what pacbrake, and bd told me.
awesome!! its about time!

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
I thought you all had an exhaust brake going on with all that drive pressure? :poke: What will this do with the guys that have wastegates?

Seems like it's not really the dpf itself, but more of the post injection that would be filling the exhaust trying to clump all that hydrocarbon together.

Lot's of stuff going on at the same time...

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
I thought you all had an exhaust brake going on with all that drive pressure? :poke: What will this do with the guys that have wastegates?

Seems like it's not really the dpf itself, but more of the post injection that would be filling the exhaust trying to clump all that hydrocarbon together.

Lot's of stuff going on at the same time...

I don't see a reason for the wastegate being a problem being that the valave is shut once off the throttle?

I think the reason behind not doing an exhaust break is that the DP got too hot and would melt seals.

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
I don't see a reason for the wastegate being a problem being that the valave is shut once off the throttle?

I think the reason behind not doing an exhaust break is that the DP got too hot and would melt seals.
I was wondering if they were going to mount it in such a way that would get in the way.

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
I was wondering if they were going to mount it in such a way that would get in the way.

if it did then it would be as simple as rerouting the dump tube for the wastegate further down the DP. im sure venting to atmoshere would be a good idea but i dont think people would like the smell of diesel exhaust creaping in the cab, haha!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, no exhaust brake for me.

After a bunch of confusing phone calls, I have ordered up a banks speedbrake. I was told by banks that I could not run the H&S or any tuner with the speedbrake/six gun combo.

but when I dropped my truck off today at the shop, there was a ####ty chevy sitting there with a speedbrake, and an H&S on it... after my mechanic drove it, he said I would not want an exhaust brake compared to the speedbrake. He was amazed.

I phoned banks back today, and banks is telling me we can stack the six gun, and the H&S, and run the display for the h&s, as well as the 5 inch dashscreen for the speedbrake.

Fingers crossed...any thoughts?

·
Registered
129 Posts
So, no exhaust brake for me.

After a bunch of confusing phone calls, I have ordered up a banks speedbrake. I was told by banks that I could not run the H&S or any tuner with the speedbrake/six gun combo.

but when I dropped my truck off today at the shop, there was a ####ty chevy sitting there with a speedbrake, and an H&S on it... after my mechanic drove it, he said I would not want an exhaust brake compared to the speedbrake. He was amazed.

I phoned banks back today, and banks is telling me we can stack the six gun, and the H&S, and run the display for the h&s, as well as the 5 inch dashscreen for the speedbrake.

Fingers crossed...any thoughts?
You can run the H&S tuning in the ecm but not the H&S display. The bridge for the speedbrake is going to plug in to the OBDII port as that info is needed to work correctly. If you unplug it or stack the two plugs together it won't work right.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts