Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing so looking around online as to my low boost issue and i see people talking about the EBPV.. I have yet to check for leaks due to the weather but i would like some more knowledge on the EBPV. I see lots of people unplug and or gut them. Is there any advantage to doing either or on my 97 7.3? Thanks agian.. -Allen

·
Registered
319 Posts
if you unplug it it SHOULD stay open all the time, gutting it gets rid of the entire valve. this helps flow but makes it warm up slower in cold. I gutted mine and egt's went down about 100-150 degrees, and the turbo sounds better too

·
<---F350 DRIFTER
516 Posts
What is low boost? These trucks only see 14-17lbs max wot stock. If your truck has more than 100k on it it most likely has leaky up-pipes where it goes into the collector which will increase egt's and decrease boost levels. Gutting your EBPV will increace exhaust flow and lower egt's though I doubt by more than 25 degrees.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
I saw about a 50F drop after gutting the EBPV on my 94. Cheers!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine boosts not even 5psi driving. From a stand still and matting it down i can get about 10psi.. im putting new hoses on the turbo there the stock ones still and the motor has 154,000 on it..

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
look for soot on the firewall, also like i stated before you arent gonna see that high of numbers on stock AA injectors
Okay. Thanks i will try and check it out tomorrow. what would be some good minor performance upgrades for my 97 that wont harm it as far as being dependable. Im going to run the DIY intake with the NAPA 6637 filter. Many people seem happy with it.. I only plan on towing my jeep, which may weight 5000lbs on an 18ft car trailer. Thanks-Allen

1 - 10 of 10 Posts