Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 stock 6.0. I just bought a 4 inch turbo back exhaust and an S&B cold air intake, the truck is not head studded. Do I need a tune to run these 2 things. I’ve been told no a couple times. I’m just trying to make sure i’m not going to lift my heads

·
Registered
150 Posts
I don't know anything about the S& B intake but the general consensus is the factory Donaldson filter moves more than enough air unless you building a 500+ HP monster and you won;t find a better filter out there as far as filtering ability. Why risk dusting the turbo if it's just going to look pretty but not do anything. Exhaust should lower EGT's, no downside there that I am aware of.

...and yes, a tune is a bad idea without studs, these engines can lift heads with out any software help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok cool yeah I don’t plan on putting a tuner on it i’m Just doing the exhaust and intake and eventually going to head stud it. Other then that I’m leaving her alone

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do I need to worry about a huge boost increase

Putting the 4 inch straight pipe and the intake on my truck do I need to worry about a huge boost increase?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts