Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Peon Extraordinaire
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we have a 11 month old and another on the way. My wife wants an SUV to move the kid(s) and stuff around town. We have been looking at many different options. I think we have it narrowed down to a couple choices:

2001-3 Excursion XLT or higher
7.3L
~175k Miles
~$11-$13,000

Toyota Sequoia/Land Cruiser
V8
~100-135k Miles
$11-$13,000

I would be interested in hearing opinions... Other than just buy Ford...

Sam

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Youll get as good of fuel mileage w/ the ex as the toyota will and 7.3 exs hold their value if you would decide to sell it in a couple years. WAY more room in the ex. easier to make power. Based on a 1 ton chassis so you can tow if you ever need to. Better 4x4 capablities. You can do repairs to the ex yourself and get parts reasonable. Less chance of rollover. Its a diesel. etc.......................

·
Hater Club
3,602 Posts
I do love a nice land cruiser, but the Ex will be a better buy in the long run. You'll just be paying a bit more for fuel.

Service and parts will be about equal over time.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
I would get the Excursion. Your family will be safer in it.

We went from a Expedition that we owned outright to get into an Excursion. I feel better knowing short of a semi, if they hit it or get hit they will be walking away.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Youll get as good of fuel mileage w/ the ex as the toyota will and 7.3 exs hold their value if you would decide to sell it in a couple years. WAY more room in the ex. easier to make power. Based on a 1 ton chassis so you can tow if you ever need to. Better 4x4 capablities. You can do repairs to the ex yourself and get parts reasonable. Less chance of rollover. Its a diesel. etc.......................
my dad got a X im pretty sure its based off a 3/4 ton but they tow pretty good with some changes. Get a X IMO:ford:

·
Registered
675 Posts
So we have a 11 month old and another on the way. My wife wants an SUV to move the kid(s) and stuff around town. We have been looking at many different options. I think we have it narrowed down to a couple choices:

2001-3 Excursion XLT or higher
7.3L
~175k Miles
~$11-$13,000

Toyota Sequoia/Land Cruiser
V8
~100-135k Miles
$11-$13,000

I would be interested in hearing opinions... Other than just buy Ford...

Sam
where did youfind a diesel excursion for $11,000 i haven't seen many under $20,000

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
IMO, the X would be a safer, and better buy for the money. Plus they tow well, and it's another truck to mod. ;)

Dave

·
Registered
104 Posts
I would get the Excursion. Your family will be safer in it.

We went from a Expedition that we owned outright to get into an Excursion. I feel better knowing short of a semi, if they hit it or get hit they will be walking away.
The Toyota is a great vehicle and if you go that way I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the decision but for the reason ^^^^ above I would go for the EX too. It gets good mileage, all things considered, and you will have peace of mind with your most precious cargo. Especially when the weather turns bad...

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
the x safer and yes the fuel efficiency on the Toyota v8's do suck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts