Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a fuel sump for an aftermarket lift pump on an Excursion? My concern is because the Excursions have the steel skid plate under the tank. Curious how any of you have done this.

Thanks!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Has anyone installed a fuel sump for an aftermarket lift pump on an Excursion? My concern is because the Excursions have the steel skid plate under the tank. Curious how any of you have done this.

Thanks!
Yes, I installed the one that came in my Marty's Never Stranded kit. Just had to cut a hole in the skid plate. It tucks in and doesnt hang low. Not a bad job at all. Not the best picture but I just snapped it while filling up the tank with fuel to give you an idea. Let me know if you want any more info.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome! I'm curious the location now. Do you happen to have dimensions of where you put it? Do that I don't drill in to where the factory pick up is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, are you not running a return line? Since there is only one port on your sump.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, my return is tied back into the factory line since I still use my HFCM/factory pump also.

Oh ok. I'm adding an AD2 4G 165. Which is supposed to bypass the factory pump. How did you decide where to drill your sump into, to clear the factory pick up assembly?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Oh ok. I'm adding an AD2 4G 165. Which is supposed to bypass the factory pump. How did you decide where to drill your sump into, to clear the factory pick up assembly?
You will need to drop the skid and tank to make it easy. Once you remove the skid you will be able to see the impression on the tank where the pickup sits. Once you have identified that make a pilot hole with both the tank and skid together so the holes line up. Hopefully what im trying to make day makes sense.

·
Registered
59 Posts
While you are in there cut the tubes on the inside of the tank. Will help with speeding up the fueling process and getting more fuel in the tank.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome, I appreciate the info, thank you!!

Reactions: letsmow10

·
Registered
59 Posts
Awesome, I appreciate the info, thank you!!
No problem. If you haven't already bought the new system check out Marty's Diesel never stranded kit. I went that route because of the redundancy and using my Ex to haul family and on trips. The customer support is too notch as well and Marty knows these trucks very well. Not trying to sell you anything just provide my experience and opinion.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It does look like a great kit! I've been buying parts for a bout a year to build this X. I love all my 6.0's and have built several. So, I actually have whats in that kit and so much more. Just never knew a kit as such existed so I've been ordering items one at a time. Just finally have time for the project haha.

Reactions: letsmow10
1 - 11 of 11 Posts