Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen several pictures of Excursion Duallys and have sourced the rear fenders. I have done several F250 and F350 dually conversions in the past but have never attempted an Excursion. I have always just swapped out the axles from a wrecked dually truck to avoid any use of spacers or adapters. Will this same principle work for an Excursion? I'm assuming it will. I just completed doing an '07 coil spring swap into an '00 F250 and would probably go the same rout with the Excursion. The ride is so much better. Anybody out there done this? If so any advice and pictures.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess this isn't a very common or popular conversion. Although when you google it there are pictures of a bunch of them. Oh well I guess I'll just have to do some more homework.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I didn't reply because I have no experience, but, if you consider that the Ex is essentially an F-250 with a different body, you should be able to do nearly anything (suspension-wise) to it that you could do to an 00-05 F-250.

·
Native Texan
9,008 Posts

·
Administrator
8,115 Posts
Pretty sure the excursion and the f250 ecsb share the same frame. The excursion springs are junk so swap those rear springs at the same time.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Pretty sure the excursion and the f250 ecsb share the same frame. The excursion springs are junk so swap those rear springs at the same time.
Yup. Go with the X/Modified B or X/C springs. I don't actually think B and C are the right codes for the dually version of the springs, but most of those decent spring websites......nevermind, I decided to do the leg work for you. lol While I am not saying you should buy from this site, it's a really good resource for determining spring needs. So, over at SD Springs, it looks like the C codes ARE the dually designated springs and B codes are SRW. However, for the record, either would fit, they just change the ride height, spring rate, etc. Anyway, what's really interesting is that the same code spring changes in dimensions depending on what year you pick. They may all be 3" wide and 25 inches from front to center, but the spring pack thickness and the spring arch changes...as well as the add-on spring changes too. Either way, check THIS webpage out for the basic Excursion spring swap info. HERE is the page which shows what springs go to what vehicles. Just click on the super duty and take a look at the various codes and years to determine what you need/want. For example, the C codes from '02-'04 have an arch height of 8 3/16", while the '05-'06 arch is 6 7/8"....but as it turns out, the C code for '02-'04 is for duallys but the C code for '05-'06 is for SRW. So, takes a little research to figure out exactly what you need, but at least the resources are there.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow what a great website. Thank you so much for the info. It will definitely help in making a decision on the springs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts