Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could a stuck/clogged ebpv cause excessive white smoke during a cold start up or do I need to look somewhere else? Vehicle in question got a new #8 injector by another shop and was then brought to us when it didn't fix it. Compression was 320 at #8 and the o-rings on the injector were not torn but felt hard, cup appeared to be fine did feel a crack or anything and not sure if it is new or not.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
cps?? the aftermarket ones will set that #8 code

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
If you found one bad plug, there's bound to be others. Replace them all...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There just might be more started it today at 40 dergress and still smoked.
Driver side had the lowest resistance at 1 ohm when tested. Passenger side was at 1.3 ohm

·
Smokin' Ole
86 Posts
White smoke = fuel starvation/cavitation. No fuel leaks? A cracked injector cup would fill the degas bottle with diesel, quite noticeable. I'd replace all 8 glow plugs AND relay AND check all UVCH connections before getting too far. Glow plugs should read as an open circuit when you check with a DVOM if they're good (no to little resistance)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
White smoke = fuel starvation/cavitation. No fuel leaks? A cracked injector cup would fill the degas bottle with diesel, quite noticeable. I'd replace all 8 glow plugs AND relay AND check all UVCH connections before getting too far. Glow plugs should read as an open circuit when you check with a DVOM if they're good (no to little resistance)
All glow plugs check out fine. Turns out the "new" injector in #8 was the culprit.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
glad you found it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts