Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if u excersize what do u do? im doin the P90X and let me tell u somethin it rocks!!!. ohhhh i love it, i never feel tired after workin out. its great! tell me what are ur diet foods and how do u work out.

·
Who is Obama?
1,779 Posts
Exercise is the spelling. Krav maga and the gym are my exercise...

·
Still learning
577 Posts
I do weight training 3 days a week, and then i do cardio 3 days a week. The cardio is usually running a few miles and push-ups and sit-ups, but i am in the Army so those are what i need to be sharp on. P-90X is good too, although you wont get real muscular with it in my experience, there is a few guys i know that have done it for a year straight, and they lost weight but you wont get muscular big on it, its great cardio. Just depends on how you want to look IMO

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
hey ryan...i'm at the gym 4 times a week. cardio at least 3 times a week and that will go up now that the weather is nice again. it's all in the diet though. i'd say your physique is about 60-70% dependent on what you put in your face so make sure you have a clean, healthy diet with lots of protein and veggies!

·
Registered
253 Posts
On a bulk cycle now.....5000cals a day, pretty clean but alot of carbs for energy...400g of protien, tons of red meat, oats, chicken. Nothing processed, half a jar of natural peanut butter a day. Still adding about a 3lbs a week and trying to maintain less than 10%bf. Lots of waxy maize pre and post workout...its amazing stuff. No cardio while bulking, heavy ass weights one day on, one day off. Big presses one day, Pulls the next. All big compound movements. Adding weight or reps every day. One more month of bulk....then a cutter....try to get to 7% and down to 200lbs

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
p90x as well just started week 3 and i lost 6lbs in the 1st 2 weeks.. im currently doing a diet by Dr Asa Andrews... after my recovery week with p90x im going to start a high carb low calorie diet until i finish to try and get my body fat down... Love the p90x though, havent felt this good in years.. find a diet and stick with it though, everybody ive talked to that has done the p90x hasnt done a diet and saw minimal results....

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
p90x as well just started week 3 and i lost 6lbs in the 1st 2 weeks.. im currently doing a diet by Dr Asa Andrews... after my recovery week with p90x im going to start a high carb low calorie diet until i finish to try and get my body fat down... Love the p90x though, havent felt this good in years.. find a diet and stick with it though, everybody ive talked to that has done the p90x hasnt done a diet and saw minimal results....
iv done other workouts prior to the p90x and lost about 20 lbs, but wasnt seeing any results. now that im doing the p90x im wearin shorts i havent worn in 2 years. iv been on the p90x for a week now. i do my own diet. low calories high carb. i avg it out to losing 3.7 lbs a week. aint too bad. the p90x is intense but it works. like tony horton says the ab ripper x "i hate it but i love it" BRING IT!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sounds like a few of you guys know a thing or two. If you have any diet questions let me know guys, or if you have any questions. I'm on more bodybuilding and strongman boards than i have fingers and toes. I've been around weight training since I was 12.

Maybe we should turn this into the "PowerstrokeNation Workout Thread"

·
I am the juggernaut.
3,380 Posts
I usually run 5-7x a week these days and vary from sprints and high incline to distance.. anywhere from 2-8 miles. I do this in the morning before work if I can.
Weights and stairs 3-5 times per week after work depending on time contraints, the body builders I work out with break up muscle groups, I tend to do total body but change exercises.
I keep saying I'm going to replace cardio 2x a week with p90x but I havent bought the dvds yet.

I'm not doing a bulk up plan so I do high reps low sets... 3 sets of 10-15 normally.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Crossfit, along with 3-5 mile runs on the crossfit rest days. It trains you for the unexpected! I'm in the Army as well and the days of doing push ups, sit ups, and running 8-10 miles are dead. None of that prepares you for lifting your body weight plus equipment and weapons over walls or dragging your injured buddies. Of course you need to "sport specific" train if your looking for visual results. Crossfit won't make you look jacked or like a triathlete but totally trains you for anything you can imagine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts