Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for you all.

I was divorced in 2003, I have two daughters that I am responsible for as far as insurance goes (this is not a problem).

My ex wife used my insurance card for herself at the hospital on 1-30-04, 3-7-04, 10-4-06, 4-24-07. The total bill was 300.00.

The reason she got away with it is my wifes name is also Jennifer Moore, we live in OH and she in KS. I have been getting collection calls for this for two years and I always tell them, NO THIS CAN NOT BE MY BILL. I then give them her contact info again, for the fifth time. Is this not insurance fraud!

I do not want to mess with a lawyer that will cost me three times what the little bill is. Is there a good way to get this settled and stop people from calling back on me?

She is so sly that she knows she can get out of the kids doc's without paying the measly co-pay of $25.00 which she is responsible. Then I get these little presents all the time to pay.

WTF! Grow up and take care of your own buisness J/C! Rant off

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Women are creatures of mystery

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts
Why can't the insurance company look into the dates of visit to the doctor and then from there they trace it to whose patient file. The ex. or your daughter. Patient file should have patient history as in age etc. If the patient file gets traced back to your ex. then I would think it is insurance fraud.

·
I helped make ur rimz....
619 Posts
ain't that the honest truth blowinsmoke7.3. some days i wonder if they were created just to drive mankind nuts.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why can't the insurance company look into the dates of visit to the doctor and then from there they trace it to whose patient file. The ex. or your daughter. Patient file should have patient history as in age etc. If the patient file gets traced back to your ex. then I would think it is insurance fraud.
Weeelllll since its for office visits in KS and we live in OH.......It is for my ex-wife's visits, not the kids. I know that they told me that much!

Unless my wife snuck off to KS to go to the doctor.....800 miles away.

·
Registered
918 Posts
talk to a lawyer and see if you have a case and sue her for the bill and court cost including your lawer or call the insurance and talk to them and let them know what is going on and they might take leagle action them selfes

·
Steamfighter
1,094 Posts
Send them a copy of your divorce decree and address for the ex , where the bill needs to go . Dates alone should be enough . ( friend of mine went through similar schit with his ex)

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
Let me see if I understand.

You married two Jennifer's? :eek:

And there is a confusion, with the hospital, as to which one is actually covered?

It is up to the hospital to ensure that the person getting treatment is the actual person(s) listed with the insurance company.

They can do that, even with the same name, by birth date (please don't tell me that............:D ).

I guess what I am suggesting, is that you send your ex a notarized letter stating that it is unlawful for her to use your insurance and send a copy to the your insurance company as well as the hospital that is calling you.

Another trick I have used in the past, that was suggested to me by a golf buddy who is a lawyer, is to show a law firm in the CC of the letter.

Don't send it to them..........just show them as CC'd. ;)

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
Notarized copy of the divorce papers and her current address should be sent to the guys trying to collect the money.
The problem with that is the divorce papers, by themselves, are not necessarily proof that she still isn't covered under his health insurance.

But, I agree that a formal notification to the folks trying to collect needs to be done.................... explaining that they are the ones who screwed up by giving her treatment without verification of benefits.

·
Registered
138 Posts
not sure about the law in OH but in kentucky when you get a divorce your ex is no longer covered by your insurance also i bet if you contact the ins company they will tell you that if she is not a dependant or as they call it a life partner she is not covered i just went through a bunch of sh** with my ex about the same and the insurance company burned her ass good on it all i had to do was talk to them and show them what was going on with the clames.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts