Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered sets of these for my headlights and fog lights and am hoping they will work out. Seems like there are lots of reviews stating replacing the oem lights with these is dangerous because of the stock wiring. Does anyone have experience with these and could provide some advice? I understand a full HID upgrade is the way to go but was trying to go cheaper in round one.

·
Registered
24 Posts
the stock lights well, suck. so have made this change and if so has your truck burned down or did you alter the wiring to draw from the battery, with heavier gauge wire or????

I would like to do the same thing but have the same concerns as commented on.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The HID ballasts only draw more current than halogen when you first start them. Each ballast surges around 10A and tapers off to around 4A within 10seconds. I wouldn't say it's dangerous to the wiring as long as you keep the oem fuse type in place. The fuse should always fail first. If the wiring is small and has trouble carrying double the stock current draw, sometimes one or.both ballasts won't ignite. The easy solution is to run relay(s) to take the load off of your stock wiring.

Hope you enjoy them & aim them properly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts