Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not all transactions using escrow are scams, right? I am selling a vegistroke kit, and the guy wants to use escrow.com. I talked to him on the phone for a while, and he is a member on tds. Seems pretty legit to me. Escrow.com is a reputable site?

·
<-- it's like that
6,567 Posts
The one and only time I ever had someone request to use Escrow.com was a scammer. Seriously.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's initially what I thought, too. I am going to ask him sign up here and post in this thread.

·
Registered
3 Posts
RPM-INC,

I'm the "buyer" that's asking to use an escrow service for a transaction.

I'm a semi-frequent contributor on The Diesel Stop forum and Biodiesel.infopop.cc

Here's a list of some of the threads I've participated in:
Biodieseler coming over to SVO: Biodieseler coming over to SVO: needing a filter/dewater setup design - Topic Powered by Social Strata
Blasting a nasty emulsion: How I blasted a nasty emulsion into clear separation in 30 seconds - Topic Powered by Social Strata
Biodiesel Homemade Processor: GL Push-Pull processor - Topic Powered by Social Strata
My participation in that forum (Biodiesel) goes back to December 2007.

On the TDS forum, my participation started in Sept 2008. My handle there is "vegoilrecycler".

I've owned my 2000 F250 2WD CCSB 6-spd 7.3L since 2004 and put 129,000 miles on her since then. I've done the crankcase vent mod (2009), the overhead console soldering circuit board repair (2010) , Hypertech programmer (in 2004), 4-inch flowmaster exhaust, and a Pioneer DoubleDin NavRadio AVIC-D1 (2005), glow plugs (2010), and all other maintenance myself.

I'm on facebook: Incompatible Browser | Facebook

The business that I own is on facebook: Incompatible Browser | Facebook

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm not 100% married to using escrow.com but since I intend to purchase an item over $2,000 in value and have it shipped from IL to TX, I'm not totally comfortable sending 100% of the $$ up front unsecured.

This is how I understand the escrow service would work between two parties (RPM and myself).
My payment for the item would be put in the possession of a 3rd party escrow service prior to asking RPM to ship the item. The shipping of the item is tracked by the escrow service all the way to arrival. I would then have 3 or 5 days to accept the shipment. If I accept, my payment is available to be wired to RPM. If I reject the item, I MUST send it back immediately and the $$ I've paid gets returned to me AFTER I've sent the item back and it's been received by the original shipper/seller.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for posting. Hopefully a few people will advise on the best way to handle this transaction. I understand your concern, and hope you understand mine.

·
Premium Member
9,187 Posts
from what i have read, there are 2 escrow service out there. the secure site, and the unsecure one that the scammers use.
there is a way to tell if it is a secure site. it will have some kind of small pop-up like banks use for their online banking sites.

the scammer escrow services do not have that link.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts