Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
rollin coal!
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just installed my TS chip from PHP last week and my truck is now shifting erratically. I just installed a JW valve body last week before I put the chip in and when I ordered the chip I told them I had the VB. The truck up shifts and down shifts alot between 2nd and 3rd at about 25mph and downshifts from 4th to 3rd under a slight load when it doesnt feel like it needs to, and stays in 3rd. Its does none of this when i have the chip in the stock setting

To me it seems like when they burned the chip they didnt write the JW valve body into it...... What does everyone think???

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
I think you should call Bill or Cody and tell them. If it shifted ok after the VB but before the Chip it seems a bit obvious. You do not like the shift strategy. Bill and his crew I am sure will be glad to address the issue for you.

·
rollin coal!
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya it shifted fine before the chip, after the VB. Its like the shift strategy is off, it will shift up and down between 2nd and 3rd over and over again

·
Registered
233 Posts
check your connections between the chip and the pcm. I have run into sim problems because of bad connections.

·
rollin coal!
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how does it shift with the VB but no chip?
it shifted good with the VB and no chip, if i put the chip on the stock setting it shifts good

1 - 6 of 6 Posts