Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Yeah, it's like that
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rep. Eric Massa (D-N.Y.) says the House ethics committee is investigating him for inappropriate comments he made to a male staffer on New Year's Eve — and that he's the victim of a power play by Democratic leaders who want him out of Congress because he's a "no" vote on health care reform.

"Mine is now the deciding vote on the health care bill," Massa, who on Friday announced his intention to resign, said during a long monologue on radio station WKPQ. "And this administration and this House leadership have said, quote-unquote, they will stop at nothing to pass this health care bill. And now they've gotten rid of me and it will pass. You connect the dots."

:popcorn:

·
Yeah, it's like that
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh come on guys, the Dem's hanging their own out to dry and no discussion?

Come on Gandy let's hear it?

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
Just saw this. More chicago style bull#### from the dems

·
<-- it's like that
6,567 Posts
It's party politics as usual. Both republicans and democrats are guilty of it. The idea of "you're either with us, or we'll drive you out" mentality.

Palin did it recently when she snubbed Dede Scozzafava.

So it's not just "more Chicago style bull#### from the dems", but rather, it's more bull#### party politics. It's why I don't support political parties. The party has an agenda, and they'll eat their own young to accomplish that agenda.

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
It's party politics as usual. Both republicans and democrats are guilty of it. The idea of "you're either with us, or we'll drive you out" mentality.

Palin did it recently when she snubbed Dede Scozzafava.

So it's not just "more Chicago style bull#### from the dems", but rather, it's more bull#### party politics. It's why I don't support political parties. The party has an agenda, and they'll eat their own young to accomplish that agenda.
Curtis did you actually read what happened to Scozzafava? The RNC pulled support in favor of another candidate that actually supported conservative views. Polling showed that Scozzafava didnt have a chance at winning anyway at the time.

Her last name makes my eyes hurt. :eek:

·
<-- it's like that
6,567 Posts
Curtis did you actually read what happened to Scozzafava? The RNC pulled support in favor of another candidate that actually supported conservative views. Polling showed that Scozzafava didnt have a chance at winning anyway at the time.

Her last name makes my eyes hurt. :eek:
Yes, I know what happened to Scozzafava. Let's look at that, shall we? Here is the order of incidents:

- Scozzafava, fully backed by the republican party, leads the polls just a few weeks before the election, looks like a sure winner.

- Scozzafava has an embarrassing incident with McCormack.

- Poll numbers for Scozzafava dropped after tapes released by McCormack.

- Palin comes in and endorses Hoffman.

If Palin had an issue with Scozzafava, why did she wait so long to voice it? It couldn't possibly be related to the Scozzafava/McCormack incident, could it?

Come on, put 2 and 2 together. It's obvious what happened. ;)

Now look at how the Massa thing is playing out. See similarities?

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
Yes, I know what happened to Scozzafava. Let's look at that, shall we? Here is the order of incidents:

- Scozzafava, fully backed by the republican party, leads the polls just a few weeks before the election, looks like a sure winner.

- Scozzafava has an embarrassing incident with McCormack.

- Poll numbers for Scozzafava dropped after tapes released by McCormack.

- Palin comes in and endorses Hoffman.

If Palin had an issue with Scozzafava, why did she wait so long to voice it? It couldn't possibly be related to the Scozzafava/McCormack incident, could it?

Come on, put 2 and 2 together. It's obvious what happened. ;)

Now look at how the Massa thing is playing out. See similarities?
I have to look back but from memory Scozzafava wasnt doing to well in the polls throughout depending on polling sources.

I could be wrong on that.

But one thing I do know is typing that name gives me a freaking headache

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
Oh come on guys, the Dem's hanging their own out to dry and no discussion?

Come on Gandy let's hear it?
Hear what?

You obviously have me confused with the wingnuts who will defend 'their party person,' regardless of the issue.

If he, or anyone else, is found guilty of ethics issues.........I hope they discipline to the degree they are able (not likely but, wishful thinking).

As far as I'm concerned, there's a whole bunch of politicians that should be brought up on ethics issues.

Starting with the ones who are the biggest beneficiaries of lobbysists. :mad:

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
Rep. Eric Massa (D-N.Y.) says the House ethics committee is investigating him for inappropriate comments he made to a male staffer on New Year's Eve — and that he's the victim of a power play by Democratic leaders who want him out of Congress because he's a "no" vote on health care reform.

"Mine is now the deciding vote on the health care bill,"
How does he figure that? :rolleyes:

Just making that statement, makes me believe there might be something behind the allegation of.....
A Massa aide has told POLITICO that the New York Democrat has been engaged in inappropriate behavior “for eight months.”
Brain tumor?

·
Dairy Mechanic
2,198 Posts
How about Rombo going in the shower naked and confronting him while he's naked and threating him. The chief of staff under No bama.

·
Caption This
4,258 Posts
My new favorite quote...

I told him to do things that I know the human anatomy cannot do.

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
But one thing I do know is typing that name gives me a freaking headache
Now that y'all have spelled it numerous times, I can cut/paste it with no problem.

Pronouncing it however................is another story. :rolleyes:

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
The more Massa talked today, the more lies he got caught in.

Now he's admitting to more serious fondling and that he lied about his importance on the health care bill.

Stay tuned.

His next announcement will be that he's changing parties and will become a Republican....................................... as he feels more aligned with their character and values. LOL LOL :D

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
Boy the Beck interview w/ Massa was freakin' funny for so many reasons.

Live TV just can't get much better.

I wonder if the Navy is pissed?
I watched blurbs of the interview and my first impression is correct.

Massa is a fruitcake. :rolleyes:

·
Yeah, it's like that
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I watched blurbs of the interview and my first impression is correct.

Massa is a fruitcake. :rolleyes:
Did you actually flip to Fox or did you just see snippets on msnbc or cnn?

If you did actually turn it to Fox, didn't your TV explode?

BTW, thanks for the new sig line, do I have to pay royalties for it? :poke:

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
BTW, thanks for the new sig line, do I have to pay royalties for it? :poke:
I have no problem with it at all.

Only small-minded men, can't admit when they're wrong. :D

Like Bush. :poke:

·
Yeah, it's like that
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have no problem with it at all.

Only small-minded men, can't admit when they're wrong. :D

Like Bush. :poke:
How about the other part of my post, did you actually turn it to Fox and watch part of the actual show or just watch snippets on the other news channels that only showed you the parts that they wanted you to see?

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
How about the other part of my post, did you actually turn it to Fox and watch part of the actual show or just watch snippets on the other news channels that only showed you the parts that they wanted you to see?
I started watching the interview on Faux but, I have to tell you that Beck is so distasteful to me I couldn't last more than about 15 minutes, so.....I caught the snippets on CNN this morning.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts