Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a change in my EOT/ECT after switching to the T6 oil. Currently my EOT will run about 200 +/- 2 degress with my ECT staying about 190. Before the oil change I was running 212 EOT and 206 ECT. All this while towing a 28ft horse trailer. Has anyone seen anything like this? If I'm not towing my trailer I will run 196 EOT and 190 ECT.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Your temps look good, mine running solo ECT 194-196* EOT 200* when pulling 14k 5er on flat ground add 10* to each the highest i have see is ECT 218* and EOT 228* pulling a 6% grade about 6 miles long 90* outside and the fan sounds like a jet plane. Running 5w40 Syn oil your injectors will like it and run better that may be the difference in the temp readings all good.
2 stroker

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 2stroker,

Im leaving in the morning for Pilot Point Tx (14hrs) and need a little confidence. My truck made it to Ok and back getting 12 mpg with NO problems. It's easy to get gun shy with these trucks and I don't want to be on the roadside over the holiday weekend with a load of horses.

Calling ALL PS NATION between Ky and Tx stay on line this weekend. I may need you to come pull me off the side of the road ...... LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts