Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On March 12th I'm pulling the engine out of my truck for a little work. While it's out I'm doing

Comp 910's
Head studs
ITP Regulated Return
Air dog 2

Currently i'm also looking at an S300 and about 215 hybrids. After talking to some people more are saying I should go to a s465. If I do that how big of injectors should I go with? I do have a bit of a budget so cost is a little bit of an issue.

I am talking to someone right now about possibly a more custom fuel system larger lines pump and everything. Proven for a lot more fuel than what I was planning on pushing.

My biggest thing is right now I don't want to over due my clutch (yet) I have a South Bend 550HP in right now.

Tell me why I should go with the bigger turbo and what size injectors you think would be suitable. Sorry for the long post but I want to put in the best products I can. I still tow with the truck. Nothing terribly heavy anymore but I don't want to black out the road every time I try to accelerate either. The truck is my primary drivers especially in the winter. Thanks for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
140 Posts
you could probably go with 238 -250cc and be ok for towing yet still play as well look on here there are plenty of good combos with 238 in them that make over 500hp :evil i am sure the others will chime in ;)

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anybody else have anything good or bad to say about an S300?

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts
Why are you pulling the motor? All the things you have said you can do in the truck.

But I love my 38r 238 combo

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm pulling the engine to fix a major oil leak that is coming either from the rear of the oil pan or the rear main. The valley is dry and the back of the heads are dry so while it's out it's getting some essential things done is what I told the wife

·
Fummins 6.0
100 Posts
I'd see how much your modded HPOP can handle but to my knowledge, much over 225cc you start losing lowing ability, I def. wouldn't go any bigger than 250cc

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Doesn't that have more to do with nozzle size/flow than actual injector CC?

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That I dunno about the injectors but I am interested to see how much this HPOP will handle without losing pressure. I don't tow heavy a lot anymore so it's not a must but it is a daily driver. I'm going to ask about the S465 and see what that will cost me. Anyway bumping this up for some more people to see.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
I am still learning too on the techs on injectors and likely will for quite some time. I am and going off what I have been told but it does make sense if you think a bout it. A 238/200% is going to take more HPOP than a 238/80% as it will empty faster not to mention the lower atomization. But I do understand that is only up to a point as well as what would be the point of going higher capacity without nozzles that could flow it. Matt was the one that brought it up as I had thought a adrenaline would be good enough for a 238/200 and he said he would not recommend it for over a 238/80 or 100% without going to bigger oil. What I was getting at was that there seems to be more things at play than only CC or only nozzle%.

Edit: Its why I will likely go with a OD or similar and be done with it so I can be sure regardless I will have all the oil needed

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That makes sense. I do know that the injectors I'm getting will be hybrids so that should help. I was also looking into getting Beans tunes when finished I only have generic TS tunes right now.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
I think that from all reports you will notice a significant differnce with Beans Tunes. Having a dyno to use for programing I think is a big aid. Are you consdiering them for injectors as well?

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No I'm having RCD built my injectors and turbo setup too probably

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
You forgot to add pushrods to your list. :poke:

I had an S465 until I stepped up to an S476, and I loved that thing. Mine was a 65/74/T4 .90 and it was a blast to drive, even with stock injectors on an OBS. I ran 275's with it and setup like that EGT's would only go to 1500* max on a long WFO run.

I never got to run it with stage II's or small hybrids, but I think it would be perfect for those. With stock AA's I couldn't get EGT's over 900*. LOL

Dave

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You forgot to add pushrods to your list. :poke:

I had an S465 until I stepped up to an S476, and I loved that thing. Mine was a 65/74/T4 .90 and it was a blast to drive, even with stock injectors on an OBS. I ran 275's with it and setup like that EGT's would only go to 1500* max on a long WFO run.

I never got to run it with stage II's or small hybrids, but I think it would be perfect for those. With stock AA's I couldn't get EGT's over 900*. LOL

Dave
Thanks for that info. If I can afford it I will go with the 465. It shouldn't be that much different than an s300 lol

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Don't know but you can paint the block while it is out

1 - 20 of 35 Posts