Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where this long wire that is part of the engine wiring harness goes? I think it might connect to the battery but I am not sure.

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Looks like the glow plug wire. Is there two wired connected to the eye?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Those 2 gray wires are 14ga fusible links; either for the glow plug relay supply, or the alternator output. Follow that harness section.

In either case, it belongs on the starter relay, with the big red wire from the battery. This is a gasser, but the idea is the same:

(phone app link)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like the glow plug wire. Is there two wired connected to the eye?
Yes there are two wires going to the eye.

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Another picture with a wider angle will help.

Is it on the right or left side of the engine or is it in the middle? The color also helps, it looks like just black wires?

·
Project Shamu
2,573 Posts
Yup, looks like it goes to the starter relay on the passenger fender

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2 Green wires on passenger side of engine. Has a long lead

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Do you have a wire connected to the voltage regulator on the alternator? Is there a yellow stripe on the wires?

The EVTM shows a GY connected through a fusible link changing to BKO connected to the B+ and a YW connected to the A on the alternator.

Is this a wire you just found flopping around or do you have a charging or running problem?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I pulled the engine wiring harness off and out of the way a while back when working on the truck. No issues with electrical I just don't know where this wire goes. I think the other guys figured it out. It goes on the starter relay

1 - 9 of 9 Posts