Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what does a 7.3 weigh I am looking for a stand to build one on 1000 lb or 2000lb stand

·
Registered
403 Posts
:whs:I have heard a 1000 pounds as well.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
I would buy the heavier duty stand to be on the safe side. I wouldn't want that motor falling on my feet not to mention damaging the engine if the stand fails.

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
According to this months issue of diesel power mag. the 7.3 has an assembly weight of 920 or 980 lbs. I can't remember which one.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
920 LBS is the assembled wieght so I would definitely go with the heavier duty stand.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
definitely get the heavier stand, and shop around for the heaviest looking one. Some of them are claimed to be 2,000, but look no different than the 1,000lb ones.

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
rather be safe then sorry!

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yep thats what i was thinking too. anyone have likes / dis-likes with the stand thay have?

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
I am partial to the U shaped leg setup and if you can find one at a decent price you will want to get one that had a crank on it so you aren't killing yourself trying to rotate the engine.

·
Black Stroker
1,187 Posts
i heard 1100 but i cant find a stand, where can you get one at?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I like the ones that mount on the sides of the motor, they spin really easy and it feels much more stable.

at 1:19 is the one I am talking about.

Never mind it is in the pic....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts