Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
jim
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any mods that would be necessary to switch from a 97 pstroke to a 95? Looking into salvaging a wrecked truck

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
I don't exactly get what your trying to do Jim. Do you have a 95 & want 97 parts or a 97 & want 95 parts? :confused:

·
jim
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No but my brothers gettin the salvaged 95 and rebuilding the motor and taking all the parts(bed , interior, doors) and putting them into the 97. The 95 has a bent frame but the engine and built tranny are good .

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
Your better off with the 97 engine unless it's hurt. The 94-95s have a few different parts that can all be changed but the block is still weaker. Not an issue if you aren't building the power up.

Here is a brief run down on what's different....

-Intake plenums
-Front cover
-Hpop
-IPR
-Turbo pedistal
-Up pipes
-Oil pickup tube
-Oil pan
-EOT sensor
-Block casting

Prob something else I'm forgetting. Nothing wrong with the 94-95s but they are a little different.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Lets not forget the bleed back issues the early motors have and the oil bypass that likes to fall apart.

·
jim
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do all of these parts need to be changed when swapped or is it possible to just simply swap the engine with no issues? And yes basically that is what i want to do and then keep the 97 engine to rebuild as a spare.

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
95 Front cover would have to be changed to 97 one so 97 hpop could be used. Heads of 95 are 8 bolt intake plenums, 97 are 10 bolt intake plenums, would have to swap heads if this was important.

·
Just another OBS addict
1,006 Posts
If it's an early 95 it'll have the upper radiator hose that goes to the pass. side of the motor instead of the driver's side, so might need a '95 radiator hose which is longer than the other one.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts