Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to attempt to put a 2006 engine in my '03 (6.0L) f250. 2003 engine is toast. Got the 2006 engine for a VERY good price with low mileage. I know the HEUI system is different. I was going to modify the wiring harness to reach the ICP sensor because of the different locations on the engines. What other things might i run into? Or is the swap even possible?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Icp sensor wire as you mentioned. Also the front cover for the lower radiator hose is different.

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
The pedistals bolt holes for the turbo is different. The '03 has the bolt going through the side of the turbo by the downpipe, the '06 will have the hole at the bottom of the pedistal and turbo by the downpipe, sorry if you already knew this, just throwing out what i knew... also the intakes are different, the '03 has I guess what you would call an equalizer at the back under the turbo, the '06 dosent. The fuel/ oil filter housings have different connections also, you would probably also have to have the pcm from the '06, and they have different injectors... the h.p.o.p's are different as are the high pressure oil rails, the '06 also has high pressure oil tubes, once again, I apologize if I'm telling you things you already know...

·
Registered
101 Posts
I am not a mechanic.
However, I had to deal with a blown engine in a 2003 F-550 2wd. After an extensive amount of research on the forums and talking to a ford certified tech. It is alot of work, money and aggrivation. I was told numerous times to look for a 2003 engine. I did find one. There are a long list of differences in the model years! You would think it would be easy but it is not. Just my .02's worth.
Believe me, I feel your pain!$$$

·
Registered
85 Posts
How did you ever make out with this?
I was going to attempt the same thing.
I have an 03, and bought an05 motor. I did get the harness off the 05 though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts