Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any pics of there homemade engine stand? I'm thinking of building another one for my 7.3 motor. Just want to see different styles.

Thanks

·
A Ghost these days.
1,017 Posts
You can get one from Harbor freight for less than the steel to build one. I got a 2K std for like 80 bucks.

·
Registered
78 Posts
You can get one from Harbor freight for less than the steel to build one. I got a 2K std for like 80 bucks.
I picked one up on monday and set the engine on it yesterday. I left the hoist in place with just a little slack in the chain just in case. There was still the same slack tonight. I was more worried about the bolts I got than the stand. I couldn't find any hardened metric bolts that were long enough so I went with the standard bolts. So far, so good.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I saw a pic on one last night, sorry don't remember where. But it bolted to the 4 corners of the engine stand and would rotate in the center of the engine.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well got most of the material together and got started on it today. I will work on it as time permits. Still trying to brain storm on the rotating parts.......

·
Registered
516 Posts
nice

·
Back to Civilian Life!!
2,469 Posts
Very nice!!!!

Hey for that body off you have in the backround did you use a lift to get it off?

Once I do my truck I want to take the whole body off and do it that way but I dont know about a lift. Going to have to rig something up so I am just curious about what you did.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very nice!!!!

Hey for that body off you have in the backround did you use a lift to get it off?

Once I do my truck I want to take the whole body off and do it that way but I dont know about a lift. Going to have to rig something up so I am just curious about what you did.
Thanks.
On the frame in the background that was from a wreck truck. I will use that at stand also, to hold engine and trans. Yes a lift would be the best to lift the body. There is other ways it can be done but lift is best.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts