Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Firefighter/EMT
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since i did the ccv mod on my truck, once it gets driven for a while and is nice and warm it will smoke blue when i get on it...right now i dont have my gauges in but im pretty sure the egt's are fine. i have only put the tuner on 80hp econo and just tonight i noticed that it was smoking blue from under the bed where i ran the ccv line to....this makes me nervous. BUT i do have an early 99 motor (dated january) i believe and im thinking its time to get it on a stand and rebuild it and make it new and when im ready, just swap it out. any ideas or advice on the smoke or rebuild would be great!

Jeff

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I think thats probably normal coming from your ccv vent/mod... mine does the same also but doesnt run any diffrent since i did the ccv mod..

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
I can almost guarantee you are romping on your go pedal a lot more than you use to as we all did the first time we got chipped.:evil Maybe a bit more fuel in the mix. Depending on your mileage those original injectors may be on the tired and worn side. You are likely also being a lot mroe sensitive to anything thing you think may have changed as you now have this new jump in power etc.. How much blow by do you see (smoke)when you pull the oil fill cap when shes idling?

·
Firefighter/EMT
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a little steam. and im sure you are right about it that. i just dont like the excessive bluish smoke that comes out. i dont mind the black but the blue means somthing is up..or at least it does when i rebuild/work on the big cummins engines!

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Rich fuel maybe you are not use to. You did say the tunes were causing increased smoke when you so carefully opened the throttle up a bit :D. Some of that getting by? How is your exhaust on start up and when idling and po po'n around town. How many miles do you have on your rig? If everything else is checking out I think as other have said you are likely OK.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
My CCV is routed down to a catch can, then back up to the intake. Best of both worlds.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Did you make you own catch can or buy one? I found making one out of PVC was simple and allowed me to build it the way I wanted. Was cheap to which was a bonus.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Did you make you own catch can or buy one? I found making one out of PVC was simple and allowed me to build it the way I wanted. Was cheap to which was a bonus.
Same thing I did. Ford blue rattle can to finish it off.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Ditto on the paint.

Kind of hard to beat for $20+/- Where and how did you mount it?

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Inside of the frame rail, under the back end of the cab. Used about 10 feet of 3/4 inch fuel hose. That was the only part that cost anything. The rest was spare PVC parts and fitting I already had.

·
Firefighter/EMT
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tarm, my smoke used to be bad when i started it in the morning but after replacing the stupid glow plug relay it is very minimal now. it could be excess fuel....idk i guess i will just run it and see what happens, like i said i have a spare motor so im not too worried! and on the ccv would a catch can of some sort make it better? i just ran some radiator hose to the fuel tank area and left it! LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts