Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 01 f350 drw with 137k miles on it, basically stock with intake and 5" exhaust, it sounds like in a gas motor if a plug was fouled or an injector wasn't firing, but i get no CEL's so i don't really know where to start, this is my first diesel and it runs and drives just sounds funny and feels like it's fown on power. Any suggestions?

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Have a buzz test run.

·
Genius, when I drink
1,295 Posts
From what I understand from Golfer's post is that it only checks the electrical side, ie if you had a bad under valve cover harness it would not pass the buzz test. You can also run a contribution test, which may show a sticking injector. From what I have read you may get some false positives on this test if you have a grey CPS.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i was reading about one injector being a "long throw" injector? i didn't know if mine had been replaced and maybe that one wasn't replaced with the right one

·
PSN Pretender
1,926 Posts
i was reading about one injector being a "long throw" injector? i didn't know if mine had been replaced and maybe that one wasn't replaced with the right one
You would never know the difference.......

Beg, borrow, or steal a scan tool that can run a cylinder contribution test.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
where i work we have a fleet of diesel trucks and i'll see if one of the mechanics can do it for me, they are kind of douches about doing things for us but maybe i'll get lucky this week.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts