Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Underfunded
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What all is out there in the ways of 7.3L engine internal upgrades?
Know about the fire-ringing, studs, gaskets, a girdle, pistons.
Any Cams?
Any one shop to get all these parts from?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
you already have the forged rods so dont worry about yours. You should check out valve springs. they make a really big difference in the high rpms with boosted motors (even stock). how many miles you have on the stockers can give you a idea on what condition they are in. and if your going to have the heads off for that you should port the heads while they are out. and check the valve seats - i see you have big injectors :evil and i know they get hot. just my ideas

·
Underfunded
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well truck just turned over 223k, ill look around for a shop that id trust to port the heads an what not. I know folks before have stated new manifolds dont really help, but im still skeptical about that. It seems like the more restriction taken from the system + the ability to get rid of the exhaust faster would make an improvement especially since porting the heads would allow 'better' airflow...

·
Registered
300 Posts
You should get one of them fancy new blocks for 10K!....

·
Underfunded
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol jeeper, wasnt planning on doin the work on this engine, would look for a block to build up then drop in.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
You don,t need to port the heads for street use, thats what the turbo is there fo. spend the money on something else.

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts

·
Underfunded
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Checked out those places, beans has some good stuff been happy with his D66 turbo, and DI's got some nicely done stuff as well, also been drooling over Blackwidows turbo's and keepin an eye on Hypermax as well as Wide Open.
If I were to run a larger turbo say GT42 what internals would help it produce the most power and stay safe?

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Checked out those places, beans has some good stuff been happy with his D66 turbo, and DI's got some nicely done stuff as well, also been drooling over Blackwidows turbo's and keepin an eye on Hypermax as well as Wide Open.
If I were to run a larger turbo say GT42 what internals would help it produce the most power and stay safe?
I Dont know if I would mention that name around here... :eek:

If I had the Forged rods. I would add Head Studs, Push Rods, and Valve Springs. That's It. Don't even have to pull the engine for those.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
it might be tight doing studs while the motor is in?

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
ask around on here about bunting lol

just stay away from blackwidow

1 - 13 of 13 Posts