Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright gimme some ideas for my engine,
I was kinda diggin the Ford blue block, and then polishing my heads and hittin em with some clear.......Maybe a light Ford blue on the valve covers and IC pipes........Then I was gonna order the Chrome H2E pipe from ITP to adapt to my AFE........
Any ideas on what I can paint the motor with ? I wanna do a more "high class" finish then Dupli color spray bombs.......I do have access to a spray booth at work.

What about polishing the heads, anyone ever done this.....
Same with Polishing my charger

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
I like my green...LOL

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not a big fan of green......I like my blues and black and greys LOL
And yellow.............But she aint a CAT so

·
Banned
2,283 Posts
my IDI is bright red with polished valve covers ..... the PSD is gonna be bright red with shiny ceramic manifolds... then polishing will be on valve covers, turbo (TN, hopefully), intake manifolds, IC pipes, and whatever kind of HPOP I get.....

I like shiny things, red things, and blinky lights! :D :hehe:

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So with polishing do you have any pointers...........Just sand, sand and then sand some more ? Clearcoat.........Im with you I like shine, but tastefully done.

·
Banned
2,283 Posts
honestly...I dont know....my brother did the IDI valve covers one night and I didnt get to watch him.... but I will find out when I do the PSD build....course thats too late for you but.....

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
my day dream plan,
add a ceramic coated h2e like one I saw somewhere his was blue (I am thinking blue or silver.)
beans billet intakes with a Lil polishing. bwd valve covers (blue or chrome lookin)
find what ever oil cap I saw somewhere else but it was ebay and billet.
the add some braided steel fuel lines , or at least the blue ones
maybe some braided covers for my water lines , or braided lines in general,
and misc blue and chrome plastic sleeves here and there.

pretty much a combo of blue and chrome, right now mine is a combination of black and dirt

·
Registered
151 Posts
Alright gimme some ideas for my engine,
I was kinda diggin the Ford blue block, and then polishing my heads and hittin em with some clear.......Maybe a light Ford blue on the valve covers and IC pipes........Then I was gonna order the Chrome H2E pipe from ITP to adapt to my AFE........
Any ideas on what I can paint the motor with ? I wanna do a more "high class" finish then Dupli color spray bombs.......I do have access to a spray booth at work.

What about polishing the heads, anyone ever done this.....
Same with Polishing my charger
I am not sure what are talking about as far as 'polishing the heads'
The heads are cast iron, you can grind and smooth then, but no can polish.
OR, if you are talking about the valve covers (and intake plenums), those are plain steel. No polish there either.
The intercooler tubes are galvanized steel, they may be shined up a little, but will dull quickly.
The intake spider is the only aluminum part on the top of the engine that can be polished. Except for the compressor on the turbo, but you already mentioned that.
If you want bling, you are looking at paint, powder coat or chrome.

Bill.

·
Registered
346 Posts
The intercooler tubes are galvanized steel, they may be shined up a little, but will dull quickly.
The intake spider is the only aluminum part on the top of the engine that can be polished. Except for the compressor on the turbo, but you already mentioned that.
If you want bling, you are looking at paint, powder coat or chrome.

Bill.
well, I can tell you this..

My IC pipes are Aluminum...

Chase

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
well, I can tell you this..

My IC pipes are Aluminum...

Chase
if they are stock, have you put a magnet to them?

So with polishing do you have any pointers...........Just sand, sand and then sand some more ? Clearcoat.........Im with you I like shine, but tastefully done.
sand the hell out of it and you're going to need some buffing wheels compounds etc. just sanding won't do it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
if they are stock, have you put a magnet to them?
No, I just figured they were.. seeing as how I polished them 4 months ago, and they are still bright...*dripping with sarcasm*

Yes they are "non ferrous"....

Chase

1 - 11 of 11 Posts